Monday, January 17, 2011

Post Orientation Reflections

A few highlights of the Orientation and the last 2 weeks was the Orientation campfire, the high elements and the bonding sessions with my classmates. The campfire was very fun with all the cheers and the electric atmosphere. The high elements helped me to conquer my doubt about myself and gave me a renewed confidence. The bonding sessions with my classmates helped me to get to know my classmates better and their personalities, in addition to helping me to make new friends.

I did not have much 'lows' during the Orientation except for the occasions when I quarrelled with my classmates or friends.

I have learnt much from the Orientation and the last 2 weeks. I leant about the 3Rs, Roles, Rights and Responsibilities, and how it applies to me. For example, my role in the school as a student and as a child/sibling at home. My rights are what I am entitled to, like the respect of others when I am sharing my opinions/views in class. My responsibilities as a student include completing and submitting my homework on time, coming to school punctually etc.

I have also learnt more about myself and my classmates especially during the heart-to-heart talk during the Orientation camp. As long as I put my all into what I do, I can succeed. If there is something that I am not sure I can do, why not just try it? Even if I fail, I will have the satisfaction of having tried it.

My hopes and aspirations for 2011 are that I can make new friends, achieve good results for all my exams/tests, help my classmates who are weaker to try and excel, establish a good relationship with both my teachers and classmates, and hopefully even the principal and vice-principal. I also hope to learn from all my teachers and improve my weaker subjects, especially Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment